What are breastfeeding pads used for?
If you have made the choice to breastfeed your baby, breastfeeding pads will surely become one of your essentials. They will help you keep your skin dry and retain milk leaks.
Breastfeeding pads, what use is that?
The operation of the bearings is very simple. They are placed in the bra and absorb milk leaks, which are common during the first weeks of breastfeeding, thus avoiding stains on your clothes. These small inconveniences caused by overproduction of milk often occur unexpectedly and are difficult to control.
Which pads to choose?
There are two types of cushions on the market: disposable and washable. The first ones are for single use and should be replaced with each use. The second ones are made of natural material (bamboo, cotton or silk) and once used, just put them in the washing machine. It’s up to you to choose what suits you best. Washable pads have the advantage of being economical because they can be reused many times, and eco-responsible. Disposables are convenient, especially when you don’t have the opportunity to wash, such as on vacation.
Our product selection
We chose Curve brand washable nursing pads. Winners of the 2018 Innovation Award and the Parents’ Award at Baby Cool 2018, they are true concentrates of technology. Here are their advantages:
- These pads have an anti-slip gel: there is no risk of them escaping.
- Their shape is ergonomic and specially designed to fit the shape of the chest.
- Nude in colour, they are invisible under clothing.
- Their shape is triangular, they can be adapted to different bra shapes.
- They consist of a breathable 3D woven air cushion that wicks away moisture and keeps the skin dry.
- The fibre is antibacterial and odorless.
These pads are Made in France and guaranteed by the OKEO-TEX label. They are available in Day and Night versions. The latter has a higher absorption capacity, so that you are dry all night long.